Monday, April 14, 2008

Back from Hiatus

Ok... sorry to have been away for the last month or so, had to buckle down on some other issues and frankly I had kind of reached a boiling point on a few things that perhaps were better left unsaid...

Anyway, I am watching Obama give his remarks in Pittsburgh with regard to the latest made up flap over the so called "bitter" comment. This guy is truly a rock star.

I know that the pundits and surrogates are running around saying this is a huge general election issue, but I believe this is a sign of just how out of touch this group really is. While no one wants to admit that they are "bitter" as a person, I believe that most people outside the inner circle of Washington would say that they are bitter when it comes to what they feel they get out of Washington.

As a democrat I look at my frustration with my party leadership in Congress. How many times have I wanted to throw something because I saw them caving or taking yet another meek stance when it seemed that the public was behind them to be stronger. Closer to home I can give the example of my own Rep, Debbie Wasserman-Schultz who is Hillary's Florida Co-Chair and a DCCC (Dem Cong. Campaign Committee). Not only has DWS been the leader in blocking a revote in Florida (something HRC is for), but she also has refused to help the 3 democrats in Miami-Dade who are running to replace the trifecta of worthless (worthy of another post) because she values the long relationship she has had with them.

I don't even think I have to go within a country mile of drawing the Republican examples to the light, but Iraq, Terri Schiavo, torture, privacy, and a couple of hundred others quickly come to mind.

I do think that you will see the Republicans try to use this in the Fall. However, if Obama sticks to the type of line that he is today, that the people in Washington are the ones who are out of touch because they don't understand the true frustration and disillusion that the rest of us who are not "insiders" are feeling.

No comments: